Monday, March 16, 2009

I Thought I Had More Money! 2-20

Hanna woke up at 9am and started boiling water for breakfast. We left Campamiento Paso between 10:30 and 11:00am. It took me awhile to get my energy and my body going. We passed Campamiento Los Guardos which was probably the worst campamiento I had seen and we arrived at Refugio Grey at 2pm. We found out that the Catamaran left Campamiento Pehoe at 6:30pm. Since Campamiento Pehoe was 3.5 hours away, we had a shot at making it out of the park. At first we were going pretty fast, but then as time went on we ended up just chugging along. We didn't think we'd be able to catch the Catamaran. We reached Campamiento Pehoe at 6pm. We went to the store real quick and bought our shirts, snickers, agua crackers and a box of pineapple juice. Then, we caught the Catamaran. My feet were killing me. Luckily, we had just enough money to pay for tickets. It was 22.000 pesos for the boat and we had 23.000 pesos. Once we got off the Catamaran. We knew we were in trouble. We didn't have any money. After one jerk was really rude to us, one driver told us that he could drop us off in Puerto Natales near an ATM so we could pay him. We were so lucky that this man was incredibly nice to us. At a rest stop, Hanna tried to find an ATM, but couldn't...and then accidentally got on the wrong bus. Luckily, she realized it right away. During the bus ride, we were able to see a lot of llamas and a few flamingos. For some reason, it made feel like I was in Jurassic Park. The ride took forever. I think my butt went numb. Lauren let us know that she had a bus ticket for Puerto Montt for tomorrow and ours were for Tuesday. Luckily, the lady at Niko's keeps an extra room open for previous clients coming back from Torres del Paine. She turned away a couple just a few seconds before we walked in the door. It felt great to take a shower, but my feet still hurt really bad. I'm looking forward to eating crab pizza tomorrow. I'M HUNGRY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment