Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Arrrggghh Pirates! 2-10

I only woke up once in the middle of the night. It was really cold, but when I woke up, it was pretty warm. We had cardboard flavored corn flakes for breakfast and a little bit of milk. We packed up and sent off to find the trail Costanera. Lauren went back to Ushuaia to get us bus tickets for Puerto Natales. I got my passport stamped by a small postal shop in front of Isla Rodonda (a pirate island). The trail was absolutely beautiful. We followed the coast for 75% of the time. We ended the trail at Lago Roca. The hotel was really nice. We tried to get a transfer early, but all the drivers were a pain in the butt. Then, one nice driver took us to another hotel where I bought an "End of the World" t-shirt and other souvenirs. Once we got back to Ushuaia, we found out that Lauren got us tickets for 7am the next morning. She also got our laundry. It felt so good to use an actual bathroom. P.S. I scared off a fox in the park. The shower was amazing. We then went to an internet cafe. I talked to my mom, dad, Timmy, Jessica, Matt, and Corinne. For dinner, I cooked empanadas, pasta, and pasta sauce. It was actually pretty decent. We met a few guys from the states and one is a fish observer for some large association...Noah. We also met a girl from Bavaria, Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment