Thursday, March 12, 2009

I Literally Climbed Over a Mountain 2-19

We slept in this morning because we thought we deserved it. I woke up at 10:20am. I started to boil water as Hanna slept. By this time everyone else at the camp had packed up and left. Hanna had oatmeal and I had chicken and vegetable soup for breakfast. Then we packed up and left between 12:30pm and 1pm. We had to walk through a lot of mud before we got to the bottom of the pass. One time the mud went up past my long socks. Going up the pass was pretty difficult, but it was so worth it once we got to the top. We spent about 20 minutes at the top taking pictures. It felt absolutely incredible! There were two sticks at the top that people put things on. Hanna used a hair tie to put a note that said that she was so proud of herself. I left my orange "goofy" luggage tag that the Agren's got me for Christmas. The view of Glacier Grey from the top was spectacular. The ice just went on and on and on. We couldn't see it at first because of the wind and snow. It snowed most of the time during our trek today. Coming down from the pass was really tricky. It went downhill for about 1.5 to 2 hours and it was pretty muddy. I wiped out 3 times in about 10 minutes. Now we have our tent set up in an awkward place near a stream at Campamiento Paso. It was the only place left. All the others were taken. A guy from Santiago put up his tent right next to ours. He is in his 6th and final year studying dance. He plans to become a choreographer when he graduates. He is preparing for his final exam which consists of a variety of dances he has to perform. For dinner, we had chicken soup and mushroom rice. I cooked both and they were both perfect. I am really proud of myself for cooking really good rice. P.S. I really want a hot shower and a bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment