Saturday, April 4, 2009

Wine Festival

Friday night, we threw a party for Fernando. Fernando is from Uruguay and the host cousin of Hanna. He has lived with Hanna's host family in Santiago for one and a half years, but is now moving back to Uruguay to be with his girlfriend and because he got a really good job. The party was very nice and calm. Afterwards people wanted to go to a bar, but Fernando is not the bar type. I was going to go home until Fernando said he was going to go, so I went so he could have someone to talk to. We talked for about an hour about stereotypes, South America, and the US. Fernando is a really nice guy, and is very easy to talk to. He's...I would say...28. Today, I went to a wine festival in Pirque, Chile. It was very nice. They even gave us glass wine glasses to keep. They also had a rodeo there, but I couldn't watch because the cowboys were cruel to the calfs. All in all, it was a nice relaxing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment