Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Surprise in the Japanese Garden

Palm Sunday was the day of the Santiago Marathon. A few of my friends ran in it, but I didn't. Starting in May, I'm going to train for the Buenos Aires Marathon on October 11th. Before church, I walked in a Palm Sunday procession with a few friends. It was really nice. PS Chileans use full palm branches...so cool. After church, we planned to have a small picnic...nothing special. However, when we arrived at the Japanese Garden, 20 or so of my friends popped out and surprised me. It was a surprise birthday party for me. I had no clue. It was great. We stayed at the park for a few hours just eating and playing football. After the park, I went over Esteban's house and watched the Phillies-Braves game. Braves won by hitting four homers in the first two innings. Monday at wopo practice, we had "evaluations." This consisted of swimming one thousand meters for time. My time was 16:19. After practice, I came home and rehearsed with my group for the play we had to act out for today. Then, I went to Esteban's to watch the NCAA Championship Basketball Game. Today, our teacher was really impressed with our play. We received a perfect score of 7. At service this afternoon, I talked with Carlos for about a half hour...one on one. It was really great. I was able to practice my spanish and we actually had a pretty decent conversation.

1 comment: