Monday, April 27, 2009

Too Much English
















Yesterday, I decided to go to church with Hanna because she always went with me to Catholic churches during our February vacation. I think it was a Non-Demoninational church. When we entered the church, a man handed a book with all the hymns and said, "good morning" in english. It took me by surprise. I asked Hanna why they are talking in english and she told me that it's an english service. For some reason, I felt really uncomfortable. Being here, I'm trying to get as far away as possible from english. Afterwards, Hanna introduced me to some of her friends of the Church and we spoke in english. It was just too much english for me. In the afternoon, I went to an art museum called Bellas Artes. I went with Arturo, Hanna, and Brittany. Arturo is absolutely hilarious. He always is full of energy and always has something to say. After the museum, we got banana and honey ice cream that was absolutely delicious. After dinner, I finished my reading for my Poverty and Development class. This morning I went for a run, and realized that I really like running past smokers because it's like I'm making sure they know that smoking is unhealthy. Sometimes I just want to turn to them and ask them, "Why are you doing this to yourself?"

No comments:

Post a Comment