Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Night Before My Flight

So...my journey begins tomorrow. My flight to Atlanta is at 3:15pm, and then from Atlanta I fly straight to Santiago, Chile. I've been e-mailing with my host family for the past week and I'm really excited to meet them. They already call their home...my home, which is pretty cool. It's incredibly hard leaving all my family and friends. I cannot imagine not being able to see them for almost 11 months. However, everyone is being really supportive by telling me that I'll do great. I'm really sad that I'm leaving everyone, but I'm also really excited to be going to Chile. I have no idea what to expect. I've never left the country before. I'm so excited to be surrounded by the Spanish language and by people who are from a totally different culture. I hope Chile is ready for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment