Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Day in the City with My Host Mom
















Last night I went with some students from the US to a café with a live band. I like Chilean nightlife better than the nightlife in the US. It is way more laid back than the craziness of the US. Anyway, we had a great time and the mango juice was incredible. After breakfast this morning, I went for a walk around the city with my host mom, so I could buy cell phone, sunblock, and a map. I live in Providencia, which is a town in Santiago. Providencia is beautiful and it has about 6 parks. Of course, I forgot to take my camera, but I did take some pictures of the city yesterday. For lunch, I had salmon which very good. During lunch, my family told me about the strong personality of our cat, Perla. Apparently, she doesn't like other cats and last week she scratched my brother, Pablo. I haven't any problems. I think she likes me. Tonight, my family and I are going to a free play outside. It doesn't get dark here until around 9pm, so during the day I can't even guess what time it is. I'm able to drink water now from the tap. My host mom says that she has been adding tap water to my bottle of water more and more each day. I'm so glad I don't have to worry about buying bottles of water anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment