Monday, January 19, 2009

An Absolutely Incredible Weekend
















Thursday, we all went to two different places to get forms and other things in order to get our Chilean IDs. It took a really long time, but we didn't have any problems. We can pick them up on January 30th. On Friday, we to an art museum under el Palacio de Moneda and then took a tour of el Palacio. The art museum was really cool...until I was yelled at for taking pictures where I wasn't supposed to...haha. El Palacio was beautiful, but the tour guide we had talked forever. It was such a long tour. After the tour, I tried to get Elton John tickets, but they were sold out. We are going to try to scalp them, if we can. Saturday, our group moderator took us all to Valparaiso, which is on the west coast. We went to one of Pablo Neruda's house, which was incredible. Then, we had a huge seafood lunch, which was paid for by the University. Then, I went shopping and bought a pair cool shoes. My shoe size in Chile is 43. That night, I ate a huge hot dog with mayo, lettuce, tomatoe, and avocado...sounds gross, but it was good. Then, we went to Cafe Journal, which was a three-story dance club. It was so much fun...I may or may not have danced on the tables and got cheered on by the whole club. No...I was not intoxicated. Yesterday, we went to church and then to the beach for about four hours. I got burned really bad. After that, I got some ice cream and got on the bus back to Providencia. Last night, I saw the most amazing show I've ever seen. It took up an entire block. There was a guy flying attached to a crane, people walking down the sides of the buildings, and a huge human wheel. It's really hard to explain, but it was awesome. This morning I went running with a few other students, and four stray dogs ran with us the whole time. It was so funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment