Thursday, June 4, 2009

Argentina actually accepted me!!!

Last weekend, I didn't do much. Saturday night, I went to a birthday party for a kid on my water polo team. It was a little awkward because I was the only foreigner there, but they talked to me and they're are really great guys. Sunday night, I went to Esteban's house and played some madden like usual...and as usual, I lost. Monday, I met up with a group of chileans after my philosophy class to help them with their english class. Over the weekend, they gave me a short story in english to read for them. Monday, I gave them a short summary of the story. Wednesday, they returned the favor and revised my essay for my poverty and development class. Today, I got back an essay for my poverty class that I turned in about a month ago. I got a seven out of seven, which is awesome because it's really rare to get a perfect score in chilean schools. All in all, my week was pretty calm, but this weekend is my first water polo tournament. It'll be great to see how good our team really is.

P.S. One day this week, I received my acceptance letter from my university in Argentina, la Universidad del Salvador. I'm really excited. It's going to be a whole new experience because the university has 16,000 students.

No comments:

Post a Comment